Wednesday, August 23, 2006

update update

ehh sorry i realised i haven't been updating.

SORRY ah very very busy with work. today didnt go school cause got fever. like wtf. im sure i keep getting fever. this is crazy. it's like the 3rd or 4th time i've got a fever THIS YEAR. ouch more than any other years. crazy.

BY THE WAY. i was browsing through the ri asknlearn portal. bad news. they changed interface now i cant access the personal directory. hence cannot change songs! lol.

i also went to visit the forums page and to my surprise the posts from last year were all still there. AND I FOUND THIS HISTORIC POST that i had written and spammed across the forums of all subjects. lol. it was about the school deciding not to renew greg goh's contract. enjoy. wah memories memories!


I am very sad that a great teacher has left our school. This is a milestone in the history of the Mathematics Department of Raffles Institution because no other teacher can connect to students the way Mr Goh can. He is friendly and never fails to laugh along at our jokes. He is also a good mentor and always tries his best to explain maths topics in the easiest and simplest way possible. Of course, he is able to be strict when he wants to. In this way, majority, if not all, of the students who know him have the upmost respect for him, not only for his good social skills but also for his athletical prowess.

Outside curriculum time, he is, of course, very much active. Who can ever forget the hours he spends playing soccer with us, the students? They are not many teachers who can strike such close a bond between students and teachers. Mr Gregory Goh is one of the few who can.

He is also, of course, the teacher-in-charge of track and field. I have always seen him full of smiles as he guides the trackers along during their training and helps them in any way he can. He has even gave me some advice in running when i asked for it. That I will never forget for the rest of my life.

I remember fondly once, an incident which happened just this year. It was a few days before the maths common test and I saw him sitting at the canteen, at around 7.30+ p.m. helping out my friend Jerik in some maths exercises and teaching him how to solve the problems in the revision exercises. That greatly impressed me. Not only was it so late at night, Mr Goh had agreed to help him out after an afternoon of training. I remembered I had a few maths problems to ask, so I took out my exercise worksheet and asked for help. He obliged. It definitely helped me out alot in my understanding of the topic. By the time i left school, it was almost 8pm. He was still there scribbling workings on foolscap.

Now that he has left, I cannot help but feel sad as I reflect on all his contributions to the school. He has changed the life of us students, there is no doubt about that. I will not question the school's decision, but I deeply feel that this is a great loss for us.

Yours Sincerely,Tan Jing Wen Keefe

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Document Title
View My Stats